Camp in Berlin-Charlottenburg from
July, 14th to July, 28th 2018 AND
August, 4th to August, 18th 2018
Protestant Parish Luisengemeinde
Place of work: Luisen-Cemetery 1 Guerickestraße 5, 10587 Berlin
Deadline for application:
Charlottenburg 1: July, 9th 2018
Charlottenburg 2: July, 30th 2018
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
City – Culture – Cemetery
The Protestant Cemetery “Luisenkirchhöfe” in Berlin in the district of Charlottenburg are the oldest cemeteries in the district with great beauty.
The work camp work will be: The old graveyard wall is supposed to be renovated. Beautiful tombs and sculptures will be uncovered and cleaned. Open spaces have to be preserved (cutting and weeding plants) and plants has to be planted. We will be working 6 hours per day, for example from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. Of course there will be breaks in between. We have our accommodation in the parish-center and not at the cemetery. On account of this, we will go by bike to work (about 10 minutes one way) Everyone who wants to participate in this camp has to be a very good bicycle rider!
In our shared free time we will visit by foot and bike or by public transport system the city center, the nearby park of castle Charlottenburg or many other sights of interest like Potsdam. The forest Grunewald also isn’t far away and there are possibilities to swim. We will not only do excursions, but also do group activities depending on your interests and your ideas. We are happy if you bring with you games, songs, music, dances, workshops, topics and pictures. We are looking forward to your ideas for our free time and group activities. With your engagement our afternoons and evenings will be a great experience for all of us.
Task at a glance
- Work task: Cultural heritage preservation: Renovation of the old grave yard wall, cleaning tombs and sculptures / Landscape work: cutting and weeding plants, planting plants and trees / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 15 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Parish Center with the following address: Gierkeplatz 2-4, 10585 Berlin / Please bring along sleeping bag and camping mat/air mattress!
- Attention: We will use bicycles daily!
The teamers are:
Journey – How to travel to Berlin-Charlottenburg?
- to Berlin
- from the central train station or from a regional train stations you go by public transport system to Berlin-Charlottenburg (more information in the camp letter)
- to Berlin (airport Schönefeld or airport Tegel)
- from the airport you go by public transport system to Berlin-Charlottenburg (more information upon request)
- to Berlin central bus station
- from the central bus station you go by public transport system to Berlin-Charlottenburg (more information in the camp letter)
By lift agency
- to Berlin
- further on you go by public transport system to Berlin-Charlottenburg (more information upon request)
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency