Camp from July, 20th to August, 3rd 2019
Accommodation: Youth Club “Das Horn”
Work: Nature and adventure playground Köpenick
Alte Kaulsdorfer Straße 18
Deadline for application:
Berlin-Köpenick: July, 15th 2019
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Build an Open-Air stage and use it – craft meets creativity
The youth club “Das Horn” is a youth leisure facility in the district of Treptow-Köpenick and needs an open-air stage. For two weeks, we are guests at the youth club, have our accommodation there and start building an open-air stage on the grounds of the nearby adventure playground. Parallel to the stage construction work, we will develop theater scenes. The common thread will be the national presentation of the participants. Where am I from? What stories do I bring with? What significance does a stage have in my country? With the scenes developed by the work camp group, the first phase of the stage is inaugurated at the end of the camp and handed over to the youth club. What a gift!
Construction work is carried out for 4.5 hours a day, e.g. from 8:00 to 12:30. In between, there is a snack break! In the afternoon we work regularly for about 2 hours on a theater pedagogical basis (for example, 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm). Through different games and methods expressive means are trained. These vary from work on body, voice and breath to space, choreography and improvisation. In addition, there is the possibility to accompany the process cinematically. Technically we are supported by the technology pool of the EJBO. Caused by the fact, that we will only have the floor of a stage, we have to think of a suitable simple stage design, which can be built in a day.
In our shared free time, we can walk, cycle or take public transport to Berlin’s city center with all its attractions. Likewise Potsdam is not far! In good weather, opportunities for swimming and boating can be used.
Task at a glance
- Work task “We build a stage and use it”: Stage construction: Assistance in the construction of an open-air stage / Theater work: Scene and stage design development / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 15 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Youth Club “The Horn” with the following address: Hoernlestraße 51, 12555 Berlin / Please bring along sleeping bag and camping mat/air mattress!
- Special feature: We will have every day theater workshops
The teamers are:
More information in May 2019
Journey – How to travel to Berlin-Köpenick?
- to Berlin
- from the central train station or from a regional train stations you go by public transport system to S-Berlin-Köpenick (more information in the camp letter)
- to Berlin (airport Schönefeld or airport Tegel)
- from the airport you go by public transport system to S-Berlin-Köpenick (more information upon request)
- to Berlin central bus station
- from the central bus station you go by public transport system to S-Berlin-Köpenick (more information in the camp letter)
By lift agency
- to Berlin
- further on you go by public transport system to S-Berlin-Köpenick (more information upon request)
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency