Camp in Leipzig Sommerfeld (Saxony) from July, 15th to 29th 2017
Protestant Parish Engelsdorf, Hirschfeld and Sommerfeld
Deadline for applications: July, 10th 2017
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Persbytery gardens, cemetries and a former Stasi-Bunker
The local Protestant community of Sommerfeld, which is located in the eastern part of Leipzig, has invited us to into their pilgrim guesthouse. We will do landscaping work in the persbytery gardens and on the cemetery. We will also spend several days helping with repairs and conservation work on the grounds of a former “Stasi-Bunker”, which was built as the regional headquarters of the Leipzig secret service. We will be working for about 5-6 hours per day, for example from 8.00 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. Of course there will be breaks in between.
In our leisure time, we can visit Leipzig, go swimming nearby or make trips to sights of interest. We will not only do excursions, but also do group activities depending on your interests and your ideas. We encourage you to bring along games, songs, music, dances, workshops, topics and pictures. We are looking forward to your ideas for our spare time and for group activities. With your input our afternoons and evenings will be a great experience for all of us.
Task at a glance
- Work task: Reconstruction and Conservation work / Renovation Landscape work: cutting and weeding plants / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 13 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Pilgrim guesthouse / You have to bring your own sleeping bag!
The teamers are:
Adrian from Germany
Melica from Serbia
Journey – How to travel to Leipzig-Sommerfeld?
- to Leipzig
- from the central train station or from the regional train stations you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (further information will be provided in the camp letter).
- to airport Halle – Leipzig
- from the airport you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information upon request).
- to Leipzig
- from the central bus station you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information in the camp letter).
By lift agency
- to Leipzig
- further you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information in the camp letter)
Information on the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency.