Camp in Leipzig Sommerfeld (Saxony) from August, 3rd to 17th 2019
Protestant Parish Engelsdorf, Hirschfeld and Sommerfeld
Deadline for applications: July, 29th 2019
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Help for parish gardens, cemeteries and a former “Stasi -Bunker”
The local Protestant community of Sommerfeld is located on the eastern edge of Leipzig and is pleased about our assistance in landscape conservation work in the parish gardens and in the cemeteries of the parishs. In addition, helping hands are needed in Machern on the site of the former “Stasi Bunker” to help with repairs. The “Stasi-Bunker” was built as the regional headquarters of the Leipzig secret service. Working is done 5-6 hours a day, e.g. 8.00 – 13.30. In between, there is a snack break.
We live in the pilgrims hostel of the parish Sommerfeld. In our free time we explore Leipzig, go swimming and make excursions to various attractions in the area. The village church and the parish garden are ideal for meditative activities or games, relaxation and campfires! In addition to the excursions, we plan group activities that are dependent on your interests and ideas, e.g. through games brought by you, songs, music, dances, workshops, themes, photos.
Task at a glance
- Work task: Reconstruction and Conservation work / Renovation Landscape work: cutting and weeding plants / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 13 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Pilgrim Guesthouse / You have to bring your own sleeping bag!
The teamers are:
Journey – How to travel to Leipzig-Sommerfeld?
- to Leipzig
- from the central train station or from the regional train stations you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (further information will be provided in the camp letter).
- to airport Halle – Leipzig
- from the airport you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information upon request).
- to Leipzig
- from the central bus station you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information in the camp letter).
By lift agency
- to Leipzig
- further you go by public transport system to Leipzig-Sommerfeld (more information in the camp letter)
Information on the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency.