Camp in Hönow near Berlin from July, 22nd to August, 5th 2017
Protestant Parish Hönow
Deadline for applications: July, 17th 2017
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Life-Experience-Community – A village near Berlin
The village of Hönow lies close to Berlin and is approximately 750 years old. The village is characterized by contrasts between the village and the city, and between traditional and modern. The Protestant parish of Hönow needs our assistance with landscaping around the parish center and the conversion of the old village school to a parish center. Additionally we will assist workers on the cemetery of the village. We will be working 6 hours per day, for example from 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Of course there will be breaks in between.
Accommodations will be provided in the old school building. In our common leisure time we can visit Berlin or Potsdam, make trips to sights of interest or go swimming nearby. We will not only do excursions, but also do group activities depending on your interests and your ideas. We are happy if you bring with you games, songs, music, dances, workshops, topics and pictures. We are looking forward to your ideas for our free time and group activities. With your engagement our afternoons and evenings will be a great experience for all of us.
Task at a glance
- Work task: Landscape work in the garden and on the cemetery: Cutting and weeding plants, supporting lanes / Reconstruction and conservation work: Interior works to a parish center / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 13 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Old school / Everyone has to bring along sleeping bag or linen and sheet!
The teamers are:
Kateřina from Czech Republic
Maciej from Poland
Monika from Slovakei
Journey – How to travel to Hönow?
- to Berlin
- from the central train station or from the regional train stations you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
- to Berlin (airport Schönefeld or airport Tegel)
- from the airport you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information upon request)
- to Berlin Central Bus Station
- from the Central Bus Station you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
By lift agency
- to Berlin
- from there you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency