Welcome to the Ecumenical Youth Services
The Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS) is an international volunteer work camp program, following the tradition of the International Ecumenical work camps, developed and organized by the Youth Council of the World Council of Churches (WCC) after World War II. Today, EYS is administered by the Amt für kirchliche Dienste of the Berlin-Brandenburg-schlesische Oberlausitz Protestant Church (EKBO).
EYS work camps provide an opportunity for young people aged 18 to 26 (by arrangement also from 17 years on) from all over Europe and the world to meet and work together for two weeks on meaningful and socially relevant projects in an international context.
The EYS coped well with the summer of 2020 despite omnipresent difficulties. Even this year, an international EYS work camp took place. It was a great experience for everyone involved (11 participants from France, Germany, Hungary, Romania and Spain and the inhabitants of Paplitz and the surrounding area)!
Our guiding principle is united we work in an effort to:
- volunteer in meaningful projects
- participate in an ecumenical, international group and to gain independence and personal responsibility
- live together in an atmosphere of equality between young men and women
- partake in a dialog with young people from different countries and cultures
- participate in decision-making processes
- make friends with whom to talk about God and life in general
Here you find 10 good reasons to participate in an EYS work camp.