The Ecumenical Youth Services wish you a blessed and peaceful New Year 2024.
Welcome to the Ecumenical Youth Services
The Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS) is an international volunteer camp program. EYS follows in the tradition of the International Ecumenical re-construction camps, developed and organized by the Youth Council of the World Council of Churches (WCC) after World War II. Today, EYS is administered by the Amt für kirchliche Dienste of the Berlin-Brandenburg-schlesische Oberlausitz Protestant Church (EKBO).
EYS camps provide an opportunity for young people aged 18 to 26 (In exceptional cases also from the age of 17) from all over Europe and the world to meet and work together for two weeks on meaningful and socially relevant projects in an international context.
In summer 2023, 4 international EYS camps could be organised. It was a great experience for all participants (60 participants from Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Tanzania und Ukraine and the camp partners). You can find the participant statistics here.
Information about EYS work camps and how they are organised can be found in the Digital Info Brochure.
Our guiding principle is united we work in an effort to:
- volunteer in meaningful projects
- participate in an ecumenical, international group and to gain independence and personal responsibility
- live together in an atmosphere of equality between young men and women
- partake in a dialog with young people from different countries and cultures
- participate in decision-making processes
- make friends with whom to talk about God and life in general
Here you find 10 good reasons to participate in an EYS camp.
Current EYS flyer