Camp in Hönow near Berlin from July, 27th to August, 10th 2019
Protestant Parish Hönow
Deadline for applications: July, 22nd 2019
Please send your application to:
Karolin Minkner, Camp-Coordinator
Telefon +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Life-Community-Experience – A village on the edge of Berlin
Hönow is a village more than 750 years old on the eastern outskirts of Berlin. Characteristic of Hönow is the contrast between city and village, modernity and tradition.
The Protestant parish Hönow is happy again about our support in the reconstruction of the old village school. From horticultural work on the village green and renovation work on the building to demolition work, we can energetically assist. A work assignment in the village cemetery is planned aswell. Work is carried out 6 hours a day, e.g. 8:00 – 14:00. In between, there is a snack break!
We live in the old village school. In our common leisure time we can visit Berlin or Potsdam, make trips to sights of interest or go swimming or boating nearby. In addition to the excursions, we plan group activities depending on your interests and ideas, e.g. through games brought by you, songs, music, dances, workshops, themes, photos.
Task at a glance
- Work task: Landscape work in the garden and on the cemetery: Cutting and weeding plants, supporting lanes / Reconstruction and conservation work: Interior works to a parish center / Housekeeping: Grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tiding up
- Group size: 13 participants (without volunteer team leaders)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Old school / Everyone has to bring along sleeping bag or linen and sheet!
The teamers are:
More information in may 2019
Journey – How to travel to Hönow?
- to Berlin
- from the central train station or from the regional train stations you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
- to Berlin (airport Schönefeld or airport Tegel)
- from the airport you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information upon request)
- to Berlin Central Bus Station
- from the Central Bus Station you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
By lift agency
- to Berlin
- from there you go by public transport system to Hönow (more information in the camp letter)
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency