An eventful summer 2019 – Let’s start to new experiences through the volunteer leadership of an international Work Camp
The Ecumenical Youth Services are planning international Work Camps in Germany in summer 2019 and offer you the opportunity to become a volunteer camp leader. Registration form
- 18 – 29 years old and
- want to run a 2-week camp together with other volunteers
- can communicate in German/English
- you approach other people, cultures and ways of life with a lot of pleasure and joy.
- you like to work in a team
- you get by 2 weeks with little sleep
Your roles are:
- Minister of Finance
- Be part of the group / Be a participant*in the group
It’s coming to you:
- participation in the free seminars (May, 1st to 5th 2019 and if possible October, 25th to 27th 2019)
- If necessary, a visit to the camp site six weeks before the start of the Work Camp together with your team mates for the purpose of organisation and arrangements with the project partner (travel costs will be paid by EYS).
- Arrival 2 days before the start of the camp
- a 2-week Work Camp with an international group of about 15 participants aged 17-26 years
- the follow-up of the camp
Concrete tasks of you and your team are:
- Be the contact person for the camp participants and the camp partner
- Preparation and implementation of leisure activities (excursions, games, …)
- Developing rules with the group
- Accompanying group processes
- Organisation and structure of the daily routine
- Planning grocery shopping
- Active participation in the Work Camp work
- Administration and accounting of finances during or after the Work Camp
We offer you:
- an ecumenical, international group with nice committed young people
- the opportunity to get involved in meaningful projects through volunteer work and to gain experience in the voluntary management of a camp yourself
- Opportunities for independent and self-reliant action
- the free participation in our two seminars which take place in May and October and which prepare you for your tasks in Camp.
- The subsidy of the seminar travel costs with a maximum of 95€ (for journeys within Germany) and 120€ (for journeys beyond Germany) per seminar.
- the payment of the travel costs for the camp site visit and the camp
- a lump-sum expense allowance of 130,00€.
- Insurance cover (accident and liability insurance)
- the recognition of management activities (e.g. certificate or Berliner FreiwilligenPass)
Would you like to join us?
Get in touch with us! If you have questions, we can clarify these gladly by Mail or telephone.
Ökumenische Jugenddienste (ÖJD)
im Amt für kirchliche Dienste in der EKBO
Arbeitsbereich Jugendarbeit und Arbeit mit Kindern
Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS)
Phone +49-(0)30/ 31 91-131
Fax +49-(0)30/ 31 91-100
Since the EYS office is only manned part-time at changing times and no answering machine is switched on, the safest way to make contact is to write an e-mail. This will be answered within two days and we will inform you when the office is occupied and Mrs. Minkner can be reached by telephone. We ask for your understanding.