An eventful summer 2022 – Towards new experiences through the voluntary leadership of an international work camp
The Ecumenical Youth Services are planning international youth camps in Germany in the summer of 2022 and offer you the opportunity to get involved as a volunteer teamer. Teamer registration
- 18 – 29 years old and
- You want to lead a 2-week camp as part of a team
- You can communicate in German / English
- You meet other people, cultures and ways of life with great pleasure and joy.
- You enjoy working in a team
- You get by for 2 weeks with less sleep
Your roles are:
- Minister of Finance
- Being part of the group / being a participant
What we expect from you:
- Participation in the free seminars (June Sat. 4th – Tues. 7th, 2022 und September 23rd – 25th, 2022)
- If required, a visit to the camp location before the start of the camp together with your team colleagues for the purpose of organisation and consultation with the project partner (travel costs will be covered by the EYS).
- Arrival 2 days before the start of the camp
- A 2-week camp with an international group of approx. 10 participants aged 16-26 years
- The follow-up of the camp
Concrete tasks of you and your team are:
- Be the contact person for the camp participants and the camp partner on site.
- Preparation and implementation of leisure activities (excursions, games, …)
- Develop rules with the group
- Accompany group processes
- Organisation and structure of the daily routine
- Plan grocery shopping
- Active participation in the work of the camp
- Administration and accounting of finances during and after the camp
We offer you:
- An ecumenical, international group with nice committed young people
- The opportunity to participate in meaningful projects through volunteer work and to gain experience in the volunteer management of a camp.
- Opportunities to act independently and on one’s own responsibility
- Free participation in our two seminars held in June (Saturday 3pm to Tuesday 12 noon) and September (Friday 6pm to Sunday 12 noon) to prepare you for your duties at camp.
- The subsidy of the seminar travel costs with a maximum of 95€ (for journeys within Germany) and 120€ (for journeys beyond Germany) per seminar.
- The assumption of travel costs for the camp site visit and the camp
- A training supervisor flat rate in the amount of €130.00
- Insurance cover (accident and liability insurance)
- The recognition of the leadership activity (e.g. certificate or Berliner FreiwilligenPass)
Would you like to join us?
Get in touch with us! If you have any questions, we can clarify them by email or on the phone.
Ökumenische Jugenddienste/Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS)
Amt für kirchliche Dienste
Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS)
Telephone +49-(0)30 / 31 91-131
Mobil +49-(0)151 210 630 26
Fax +49-(0)30 / 31 91-100