It’s time again, we take the 66th anniversary of the Ecumenical Youth Services as an opportunity to celebrate what has been achieved and plan for the future. Coincidentally, the years are divided into 33 years in a divided Germany and 33 years in a united Germany.
After the 2nd World War, the construction camp movement (now called work camp) spread to all areas of the world.
The emergence of the Ecumenical Reconstruction Camps/ Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS) can be attributed to the Youth Department of the World Council of Churches in Geneva (WCC). Ecumenical Youth Services were organised from various countries, including the former GDR. Today, Ecumenical Youth Services are only offered in Germany. This is the successor organisation to the Ecumenical Youth Services so active in the GDR. This, as the only remaining organisation of EYSs, needs to be celebrated and developed.
We would have liked to celebrate the 65th anniversary of EYS in 2021, but due to Corona and the resulting difficult conditions, we have decided to postpone the anniversary by one year.
- Who: Former and current team members, participants, camp partners and camp coordinators from the entire time of the EYS are invited.
- Date: 23 – 25 September
- Place: Wünsdorf-Waldstadt
- Accommodation: Helmut-Gollwitzer-House
- Costs: Accommodation and meals are free of charge. Travel costs to and from the meeting must be covered by the participants themselves. The EYS office will be happy to help with carpooling.
- Accommodation is in shared rooms. There are very few single rooms.
- Please bring sheets/bed linen and a towel.
- hese costs have to be paid by you
- Supplement for a single room: 7,50€/night
- Bed linen set from the house: 10,00€
- Towel from the house: 3,00€
- Corona: Of course, the jubilee will take place according to the Corona guidelines in force in September. As these are not yet known, information will be provided here in time.
The programme includes
Friday from 18.00 : Arrival, getting to know each other, exchange of experiences
Saturday: Future Workshop, Festivities
Sunday: Festival Service
You can register online here soon.
Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS)
Karolin Minkner, Camp Coordinator
Telephone +49-(0)30 / 31 91-131
Mobil +49-(0)151 210 630 26
Fax +49-(0)30 / 31 91-100
Ökumenische Jugenddienste (ÖJD) / Ecumenical Youth Services (EYS)
Amt für kirchliche Dienste
D – 10625 Berlin