Camp from August 14th – 28th, 2021
Episcopal Montessori School Centre Leipzig / Hort
Alte Salzstraße 61 + 65
Deadline for applications: August 9th, 2021
Help for a “Green Classroom” and the outdoor facilities of the Montessori after-school care center
The after-school care center of the Episcopalien Montessori School Center Leipzig is located at the western edge of Leipzig and is looking forward to our help in renovating its “Green Classroom”. For better use, a seating wall (C-shaped) is to be built. In addition, helping hands are needed for painting work on the after-school and schoolyard grounds. In the event of rainy weather or additional work needed, the Liebfrauen-Lindenau Catholic Parish will be happy to have us visit and help. Work will be done 5-6 hours per day e.g. 8.00am – 1.30pm. In between there will be a snack break.
We will live in the rooms of the Montessori after-school care center. You will need to bring a sleeping mat and a sleeping bag. In our free time we will explore Leipzig, go swimming and make excursions to different sights in the surrounding area. The schoolyard and after-school care area are ideal for various activities like table tennis, adventure games, relaxation and bonfires! In addition to the excursions, we plan group activities that depend on your interests and are co-designed by you, e.g. through games, songs, music, dances, workshops, themes, photos brought by you.
At a glance
- Work Task:
- Green classroom: excavation, foundation and masonry work
- Painting seating and objects in the schoolyard area
- Sewing pennants for barrier lines
- Helping work in the Catholic Parish Liebfrauen-Lindenau
- Housework such as grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tidying up.
- Group size: 10 participants (without volunteer teamers)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Montessori after-school care center
- Attention!: Everybody has to bring a sleeping bag and a sleeping mat/air mattress!
The teammates are
How to get to Leipzig
- By train
- to Leipzig
- from the main train station or from the regional train stations you can take the public transport to Leipzig Grünau-Ost (more information in the camp letter)
- By plane
- Halle airport – Leipzig
- from the airport take the local public transport to Grünau-Ost (more information in the camp letter)
- By bus
- to Leipzig
- from the bus station take the public transport to Leipzig Grünau-Ost (more information in the camp letter)
- With a carpool
- to Leipzig
- from the bus station take the local public transport to Leipzig Grünau-Ost (more detailed information in the camp letter).
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency