Camp from July 6th – 20th, 2024
YMCA Ruhland e.V.
Berliner Straße 12
10 kilometres west of Senftenberg
Deadline for application: July 1st, 2024
Hope for Ruhland – loft conversion for voluntary service
Ruhland is a small town with 3,700 inhabitants in the south of Brandenburg. The YMCA Ruhland has been in existence since 1995. Since 2019 the YMCA has been building a regional youth centre near the market square in Ruhland. EYS was already involved in the preparatory work for the youth centre in 2019. Now the roof extension is due, in which we will be helping out. A small flat is to be built there for people who are completing a federal voluntary service/voluntary social year at the YMCA Ruhland. In the slideshow below you can see what has already happened!
Work is done for 6 hours a day, e.g. 8.00 – 14.00 with a break in between. This year, for the first time, the participants of the work camp will be accommodated in the youth centre “Ankerplatz”. There are numerous rooms and, among other things, the possibility of using table football and community games.
For joint leisure activities, the town of Senftenberg and the Senftenberg lake district can be visited nearby to go swimming, hiking or cycling. Other tourist excursions include Cottbus, the baroque city of Dresden, Berlin or Leipzig. In addition to the excursions, group activities are planned that depend on your interests and are organised by you, e.g. through games, songs, music, dances, workshops, themes and photos that you bring with you.
Task at a glance
- Work task: loft conversion under the guidance of specialised staff / housework such as grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, tidying up.
- Group size: at least 9 participants (without teamers)
- Camp language: German/English
- Accommodation: Youth centre “Ankerplatz”. Everyone must bring a sleeping bag and air mattress/mattress!
The teamers are:
More information in May 2024
Workcamp in Ruhland 2016
Journey – How to travel to Ruhland
- By train
- to Ruhland
- It’s about a 10-minute walk from the railway station.
- By aircraft
- to Berlin BER airport or Leipzig/Halle airport
- A regional train runs regularly from Berlin or Leipzig to Ruhland
- From the railway station you walk about 10 minutes.
- By bus
- to Dresden
- From the bus station, take public transport to the main railway station
- From the main railway station, take the regional train to Ruhland
- From the station it’s a 10-minute walk.
- By lift agency
- to Dresden
- Take local public transport to the main railway station
- From the main station, take the regional train to Ruhland
- From the railway station it’s a 10-minute walk.
More information to the Public Transport System
Further Information to organize your travel by aircraft, train, bus or lift agency